The Team Summit Colorado Academic Athletics program is geared toward the serious USSA and FIS Racer.
This unique program allows athletes in Middle and High School to adjust their academic schedule in order to blend with a full time training schecule. The athletes will finish classes earlier in the day so they can train with Team Summit coaches who are committed to providing a positive, consistent, and progressive training environment starting late October and often running into May.
Academic Athletics athletes will train in competitive goal-oriented environment that includes:
Technical and tactical skill development
Physical and mental training
Individual racer management
Miles of fun-structured free skiing
With over 140 days of training and competition opportunities this program also provides of Fall and Spring conditioning, pre-season skiing, approximately 7 months of on-snow training which includes scheduled training during holidays, and May training at A-Basin.
Team Summit athletes participating in the Academic Athletics programs are required to: *
- Attend scheduled conditioning sessions unless otherwise excused. **
- Have permission and properly notifying Summit High School, Team Summit Colorado staff and/or coaches before leaving Summit Middle or High School grounds.
- Athletes must maintain a 75 percent grade average in every class
- USSA youth competitor (12-and-under) or USSA competitor (13-and over) license
- Team Summit Jacket
- Vail Resorts Epic Locals Pass and Copper Mountain Season Pass
- All Academic Athletics athletes riding on a Team Summit van from school to training must purchase a transportation pass for daily pickups and drop offs at school.
- Middle School: $525 / High School: $600 (per Season)
- * Failure to comply with these requirements is a violation of Team Summit Colorado Code of Conduct and Summit County School System rules.
**Acceptable reason for absence includes participation in other sports, class / study work, injury, sickness, parental permission and / or Summit High permission.