Big Mountain Skiing Update - Holiday Training and Regional Registration

Holiday Training

With the holidays on the horizon, we'll have different training opportunities in the coming weeks.  Since Christmas and New Year fall on weekends, we will utilize some mid-week training blocks.

Block 1 December 21st-23rd (Mix of Copper and Abasin, depending on terrain and conditions)

  • All days 9 am-2 pm

Block 2 December 29th-31st (Mix of Copper and Abasin, depending on terrain and conditions)

  • All days 9 am-2 pm

We won't be doing a travel camp, as we have some pretty good snow here at home, and my research into other locations got expensive quickly. 

Please use each link below to RSVP for each block - you can also select specific days on which you can attend.  It is imperative that you RSVP so that we can staff appropriately!


Regional Competition Registration

There are a lot of frustrations revolving around regional registration right now, and they are entirely justified.  The Copper regional event filled instantaneously last night, and there are a whopping 154 athletes on that waitlist across all divisions.

With that being said, I'm going to reiterate the word patience.  As we've seen over the years, events will sometimes open additional spots; and sometimes even an extra day.  None of that is guaranteed at this point, but my point is to be patient and allow the IFSA and RMFS to evaluate the scenario.  The Rocky Mountain division is experiencing higher than-forecasted growth once again.

Please take some time to peruse the other regional events we will be supporting and see if there are spots in your athlete's division.

At this point, I know that CB day two and Telluride day two both have some wiggle room.

For events with Volume 1 and Volume 2, please verify on the RMFS website that your athlete's division is available for any given day.  From our program's standpoint, it does not matter if athletes are registered for volume 1 or 2, as we'll support both.

Please direct them to me for questions and concerns rather than contacting IFSA or Shannon at RMFS.  I can consolidate everybody's comments and concerns.

Lastly (and to answer my most popular inbox question last night), I do not have much power (if any) in getting athletes off a waitlist.  All events, other than Abasin, have their respective event hosts - and those decisions are in their hands.

Thank you all - I'll be responding to all of the emails I received last night here shortly.

See you this weekend!

Daniel McFadden
Head Big Mountain Coach