INTRO TO FREESKI
As an introduction into the world of Competitive Freestyle and Freesking, this program focuses on Fun and lifelong skiing skills. Grouped by age and ability these young skiers need to be prepared to handle a fun, fast day on the hill. They should be able to get on and off the chairlift by themselves and make parallel turns Blue runs and competent on some Black Diamond terrain.
Athletes work through a season long skill progression and are given the opportunity to compete in a variety of entry level Fun events including Big Mountain, Moguls, Slopestyle. Skiers work on traditional ski skills including balance, stance and edging with a healthy mix of aerial, terrain park and all mountain skiing. These skiers Win every day by having the most fun on hill!
- Proper fitting snow sports helmet and goggles
- All mountain twin tip or carving ski
- Proper fit boots with good ankle flexion
- Daypack for layers, water and lunch
- Ability Level
- High level of independence to ride chair lifts and lap the training venue solo.
- Program Training
- December 1 – March 23
- 34 days of training and competition; no training President’s Day weekend
- 3 day Holiday Camp
- Coaching Saturdays and some Sundays during Competitions
- 4 Mountain Program: ABasin, Copper, Keystone and Breck
- Schedule posted on Intro to Freeski calendar
- USSA and USASA license recommended
Current Members Register Here!
New Members Register Here!