Alpine Updates - May 25th, 2020

Alpine Ability Updates
May 25th, 2020

Dear Team Summit Colorado Alpine Ability athletes, All Alpine parents and Alpine Coaching staff:

Good morning and happy Memorial Day to all!
There is good news today regarding the reopening of spring skiing in Summit County with the announcement by Arapahoe Basin of their plans to resume operations this Wednesday
Operations will be limited to 600 guests per day and reservations will be required. Ikon and Arapahoe Basin Passholders are eligible to make reservations with only a limited number (30 per day) of daily passes being sold. Reservations open at 7PM tonight (Monday May 25). Recent experience in areas that reopened in Oregon shows these reservations are likely to sell out quickly. Additional details can be found here:
Team Summit Spring Training
For at least the initial days of resumed operations, Team Summit will NOT offer any on-snow programming. We remain in close communication with Arapahoe Basin and are also exploring additional Summit County opportunities to resume on-snow training. We will have additional information within the next few days and will communicate opportunities immediately as they become available.
Program information is available on-line for this coming season and registration is open. Liberal payment and refund policies allow “no-risk” registration should the health situation limit our programming or your personal considerations require you to withdraw. Payment and refund policies can be found [here].
A new waiver has been developed for Team Summit athletes and includes a new provision regarding contagious/infectious diseases and illnesses. Please review the waiver carefully prior to executing.
In order to train with Team Summit, athletes must now be registered for 2020-21 programs. 
Athletes already registered for 2020-21 should have received a message to complete the new releases. Please review and execute these immediately if you wish to be eligible for training.
In preparation for our resumption of training, we have developed COVID-19 guidelines for on-snow training that are attached to this message. Please review and prepare as needed to be ready to go once spring training plans are announced.
Mammoth Mountain Camp
As of today, Mammoth Mountain has not made a decision on if/how they will operate this Spring/Summer. We realize our planned June 6-20 dates are quickly approaching. Postponement beyond a few days is not possible as Mammoth’s snowpack is not reliable later in June or July. As our spring training plans evolve and Mammoth Mt. designs their operational plan we will make our decision on whether to proceed as soon as we have sufficient information to do so.
Alternate plans are also being explored for an “away” summer training camp. It is likely that any camp at a remote location would be conducted as a “day camp”. Participants would be required to provide their own transportation, housing, and meals while Team Summit coaches provide the on-snow program. We realize that this option is not ideal as it may make logistics and costs prohibitive for many members.
Stelvio, Italy Camp
Scheduled from August 3-18 we continue to monitor whether International travel restrictions are lifted and evolving health guidelines allow for travel, hotel stays, and restaurant meals. As the situation continues to develop, we will inform you how our August plans evolve.
Again, thank you for your patience and support. We are all looking forward to getting together, resuming our training activities, and learning how we can operate our programs in this new environment.
Zoom Meeting
Please join me tomorrow on Tuesday May 26 at a Zoom meeting from 5:15-5:55PM to review the COVID-19 Guidelines and to ask any additional questions.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 818 1706 2307 
Password: Email Aldo if you wish to be added to the list to participate

Aldo Radamus
Alpine Director