Alpine Updates - May 28th, 2020

Alpine Ability Updates - May 28th, 2020

Dear Team Summit Colorado Alpine Ability athletes, All Alpine parents and Alpine Coaching staff:
Thank you to everyone for being responsive to our request to indicate interest in our spring training opportunities. The situation is unfolding quickly and continues to be fluid.
Arapahoe Basin
Following a review with management at Arapahoe Basin, we have made the decision that it is inappropriate to move forward with a training program­­­­ at the resort. There is a great demand for the limited access to skiing and riding.  Many passholders (including many of you, I’m sure) have been left on the sidelines, not able to access the snow and disappointed. The “optics” of Team Summit athletes making laps with their coaches while passholders wait for their special time on snow doesn’t serve Team Summit, Arapahoe Basin, or our sport well.
I regret that we were as far along in our planning and know all of you are as disappointed as myself and our coaching staff that we need to wait a few more days to begin skiing.
Copper Mountain
The Spring Training block at Copper mountain is scheduled from Wednesday, June 3 to Wednesday, June 17. There may be an opportunity to extend the training for several days beyond that if conditions allow. We will plan to seize that opportunity when it becomes available.
Copper Mountain has submitted its operational plan to the county and is awaiting approval for their proposed limited numbers, distancing protocols, and other health measures.
Two training sessions are planned to be offered from 6:00-8:45 and 8:45-11:15 utilizing the Super Bee for upload and download and the Excellerator for training. Generally, our Ability (FIS and U16) athletes will train in the early session and our Age Class (U14, U12, and U10) and Ski Racing Devo athletes will train in the second session. SL and GS training will be blocked with a focus on GS early in the month and SL later as snowpack diminishes. 
Fees will cover lane fees, lift tickets, coaching, and venue set-up expenses. Options are available for a Full Program for up to 15 total days of training, a Half Program for up to 8 days of training, or a Daily Program for 6 or fewer days of training.
Daily Program - $159 Per Day
Half Program (Up to 8 days of training) - $995
Full Program (up to 15 days of training) - $1595

- Daily reservations must be made and all fees paid by June 1.
- Refunds for unused days or prorated program fees will be made in the case of an injury or if an athlete withdraws from the balance of the training program to quarantine because of suspected exposure or symptoms.

The planning worksheet has been revised with the new information received today. Please consider the program options above and make modifications based on any changes to your plans as soon as possible.
Spring Training Worksheet is found here:
We will notify you in the next several days when spring training registration is available through your Campminder account
In order to train, Team Summit athletes must be registered for 2020-21 programs.
If you have not already done so, please register for the 2020-21 program you will enroll in.
Please feel free to reach out to me your age group coaches with any questions:
FIS – Doug Elsey
U16 – Aldo Radamus
U14 – Jared Hedges
U12 – Mia Cullman
U10 – David Owsley
Ski Racing Devo – Samantha Streletsky 

Again, thank you very much for your patience and understanding. We are doing our best to respond to ongoing developments and provide the best possible opportunity for us to return to training as quickly and as safely as possible.

Aldo Radamus
Alpine Director